Driving an automobile is one of the few life skills you will find extremely handy and convenient as you move on in life. Regardless if you are scared or excited to put that pedal on the metal, everyone else will agree that you have to prepare yourself for the first step – taking your driving lesson.
Driving lessons provide you with the knowledge and basic experience you will need once you take your license, and Orlando, Florida is no different. With that, here are a few things you should do while taking your driving lessons, and a few more things you should not do.
The Driving Student’s Do’s
(1) Apply for a Learner’s License – in most states, Florida included, driving without a valid lD constitutes a violation. The Sunshine State, however, allows at least 15 years of age to qualify for a learner’s license. Make sure to secure this provisional license first before even booking your first lesson.
(2) Don’t be Afraid to Ask Questions – your instructor is there to assist you, even if for a limited time only. Make sure to use every moment and learn as much as you can. It also pays to consult with the instructor things you might have learned from your dad or your older brother.
(3) Mind Your Shoes – footwear is an important part of learning how to drive. From feeling the slightest movement of the pedals to feeling comfortable over extended periods of time. Generally, instructors advise thin-soled shoes.
The Driving Student’s Dont’s
(1) Argue with the Instructor – keep in mind that the instructor is the teacher and you are the student. More often than not, what they teach are established standards on driving. Be open to their suggestions and if you know something different from what he tells you, feel free to consult The Driving Student Do’s number 2.
(2) Allow Mistakes to Hold You Down – if you are taking lessons for manual transmission, expect your engine to stall. Mistakes are an important part of learning. While your lessons tell you what to do, your mistakes will tell you what not to do. Take them as they come and stay focused on learning as much as you can.
Keep in mind that driving is a privilege and not a right and that having a license entails responsibilities. With the right preparation, you can definitely ace those driving lessons Orlando Fl.